- We believe in the Holy Scriptures, accepting fully the 66 books of the Old Testament
and New Testament as the very Word of God. Verbally inspired in all parts and therefore
wholly without error as originally given of God, altogether sufficient in themselves as
our only infallible rule of faith and practice. Furthermore, we hold that God has
superintended the copying and translating of the Scriptures so that we can depend on the
Bible as the very Word of God. II Tim. 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-21; Matthew 5:17-18; Rev. 22:18, 19
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 1:1; 4:24; 5:23-26; 10:30; Deut. 6:4; I Cor. 8:6; II Cor. 13:14; Acts 5:3, 4
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ from eternity past to eternity future, His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood., in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power. John 1:1, 14; 2:23; I Peter 3:18; I Timothy 3:15, 16; 2:5; Acts 1:11; Phil. 2:6-10;
Isaiah 7:14; 9:6
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful mankind, the Divine sacrifice, the shed blood of our sinless Savior, is the only redemption. This salvation is graciously offered and worked by the Triune God and is made personal by faith in Christ and repentance from sin and not at all by any, work of man. John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Eph. 1:7; Isaiah 53: 4-7; I Peter 2:22-24;
Romans 3:23-28; Titus 3:5; John 6:44
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who is the third person of the Trinity and that He convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells, enlightens, empowers, baptizes, guides, teaches, and sanctifies all who become children of God through Christ. Matthew 28:19; Gen. 1:2; John 16:8-11;
I Cor. 6:19; 12:13; Romans 8:14; Eph. 4:30
- We believe in both the resurrection of the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. Phil. 1:21-23;
Acts 24:15; I Cor. 15; Rev. 20:1-6; II Cor. 5:8; John 5:28, 29
- We believe that a local Church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel; it is self-governing in its policy, practices, worship and work; its officers being that of Pastor (elder, bishop) and Deacons. Acts 2:41, 42; I Cor. 11:2;
Eph. 1:22, 23; 4:11; Acts 20:17-28; I Tim. 3:17; Col. 1:18; Eph. 5:23, 24; Acts 15:13-18
- We believe that Baptism and the Lord's Supper are the only two Church ordinances. Phil. 1:1; Matthew 26:28, 29; I Cor. 11:23, 24
- We believe that once a person has truly been born again they cannot lose their salvation. Although they may commit sin and grieve the process of sanctification, which sins are not to be viewed lightly, their eternal life is still theirs as a gift of God and not gained nor kept by works.
John 10:28; 3:16; Rom. 8:38, 39; Phil. 1:16; Eph. 1:13, 14; 4:30; II Tim. 1:12; I Thes. 5:24
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ for His bride, the Church, which event is referred to as the rapture (l Thes. 4:13-18).
We also believe in these events that shall follow the rapture:
Tribulation period of 7 years. Matt. 24:21; Daniel 12:1; Jer. 30:4-7.
Coming of a personal Anti-Christ. I John 2:18; II Thes. 2:3,4.
Battle of Armageddon. Rev. 16,19.
Second Advent of Christ. Rev. 19
Literal 1,000 year reign of Christ. Rev. 20.
New Heaven and Earth. II Peter 3:10
- We believe that with the completion of the New Testament, the sign gifts ceased and are not for our day. This includes the use of tongues, healing, and prophecy as practiced by the modern day Charismatic movement. I Cor. 13:8-10; Rev. 22:18, 19
Mail: PO Box 33
Port Crane, NY 13833
Church Phone: (607) 648- 8076
Church E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parsonage Phone: (607) 648- 4337
Pastor's E-mail: email@example.com